These tasty savoury muffin treats are a delicious snack or breakfast. They are particularly great for a breakfast treat when you’re running late – simply grab one while you’re running out the door.
90g shaved ham, chopped
2/3 cup cheddar or tasty cheese, grated
3/4 cup self-raising flour
5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place self-raising flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place egg, shaved olive oil, milk, ham, cheese and flat-leaf parsley in a separate bowl. Mix until combined. Pour the ham and cheese mixture into the flour and fold lightly until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 12-hole muffin pan or 9 hole Texan muffin pan. Press a cherry tomato half into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden and serve warm or at room temperature.