This simple recipe requires only a few ingredients but tastes divine. The herbs, garlic and oil highlight the flavoursome texture of the eggplant and linger pleasantly.
2 large eggplants, unpeeled, cut into 2cm thick slices
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cast iron grill or pan over high heat.
- Lightly brush the eggplant slices with the oil using a pastry brush, or pour the oil in a shallow dish and dip the eggplant slices, scraping off excess.
- Grill slices over high heat, turning once until well browned.
- Transfer the grilled slices to a platter, sprinkle with garlic, herbs and seasonings. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Serve warm with crusty bread and salad.