When it comes to popular Mexican dishes, chicken enchiladas are easily one of the favourites, especially in Australia. It’s hard not to love the combination of crispy corn tortillas, chunky chicken breast, spicy beans and roasted cherry tomatoes.
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g chicken breast fillets, cubed
12 corn tortillas
450g can refried beans
¾ cup grated tasty cheese
375g jar chunky tomato salsa
1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, flesh cubed
Sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken cubes for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat tortillas using packet directions.
- Empty beans into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, for 2 minutes on medium power, or until hot.
- Add a spoonful of chicken breast, a scoop of beans and four cherry tomato halves inside each tortilla. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and roll up tightly to secure. Place onto a greased and lined baking tray.
- Spoon salsa down centre of enchiladas. Place halved cherry tomatoes on and around enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream and salad greens.